måndag 21 februari 2011

Oscar Jacobson

I have seen Oscar Jacobson's emblem of the letters O and J fused together since I was a child. What I think of when I hear the brand name is good quality and craftmanship. On the downside I think old man. It might not be the first place I would run to to buy a suit if it wasn't intended for my father that is. The latest advertising flirts with the aesthetic of Ralph Lauren. I have always liked Ralph Lauren's advertising, but from Oscar Jacobson's point of view I would have preferred if they had worked with building their own brand identity instead of copying someone elses.


The company was founded in 1903 and as you can easily count, it has been with us for more than a century. That is very impressive indeed and something for them to be proud of. I think it is going to be exciting to see what the company will do in the future and which road they are going to pave to keep their position in the fashion world (or perhaps an entirely new position to ensure survival). What remains to be seen is if I will purchase their goods when I'm older. Time will tell.
//P.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar