torsdag 24 februari 2011

Lanvin Fall 2011

The fashion house Lanvin was created by Jeanne Marie Lanvin in the beginning of the past century. The height of her career was in the 1920s and 1930s, where she also launched perfumes that are still around today. When Jeanne Lanvin died in 1946 the company was then run by her daughter, Marguerite di Pietro.


In 2001 Alber Elbaz became Lanvin's art director and in 2005 Lucas Ossendrijver started as the head designer for menswear. The style is far cry from that that Jeanne Lanvin created in the 1920s but they have maintained the brand well and still today it stands for luxuary and quality.

When it comes to the fall collection I think they have done a better job with the women's collection than the men's. I see a freshness in the women's clothes and they feel new and trendy. I know that there are more limits to what be done with men's clothes so therefore the designers are far more restricted but I still lack a bit of innovation. The grey coat above is very nice but I have seen before time and time again. It is not enough that the buttons are hidden to make it a hot, new thing.




As an ending I would like to show this picture from Lanvin's advertising for the fall collections 2010 which I think is really cool.
//P.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar