söndag 26 december 2010

Beading



One of the perhaps less exciting aspects of subjects at fashion college was beading. Don't get me wrong, I'm in awe of the people that do this every day because it is a craft and far from easy.

We worked with a fabric in a frame with four people at each frame. We used a metal pipe with a fairly large needle at the end. The needle also had a hook that you picked up the thread with. Beads, pearls and sequins, we had to test them all. If I remember correctly you put the needle in the fabric, picked up the thread from underneath, twisted the needle, pulled it up and so securing the bead.

It was quite easy that the needle got stuck in the fabric and if you pulled the underlying thread too hard the whole line of beads would unravel. I have never heard so many swear words as during those sessions. It was quite understandable. It was a very good lesson in patience. A lesson I never learned.

I suppose I should pick up beading again and learn to be patient. Let the swearing commence.

//P.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar