torsdag 29 september 2011

Thierry Mugler Spring 2012

Thierry Mugler has been with us in the world of fashion for quite some time. Born in Strasbourg, France in 1948 and he early developed a passion for drawing. At the age of 24 he moved to Paris and started to design clothes. In 1973 he launched his first own collection and in 1978 a collection for men was brought to the world. In the 1980s Thierry Mugler reached international acclaim and carved himself a niche with his clothes that have futuristic elements and draw inspiration from science fiction.



The two above pictures are from his spring collection for 2012. Decidedly futuristic and beautifully crafted and tailored. Mugler always deliever a memorable show when he showcases his creations and that we love.


When it comes to the men's collection for 2012 I will perhaps not shower him with the same roses. Fantastic show but clothes that can a bit hard to wear even if you are on the brave side. I like the ensemble above to the right and mostly because of the hat with the feather. For some reason I like a touch of ethnic influence in clothes.


Otherwise I feel that the clothes are bit too colourful, even too colourful for me. I don't mind colour but I don't want to look like a cartoon character.







Even if I had the pecs and the abs to die for I wouldn't like to go out dressed like the two boys above. Eyecatching, yes. Tiltalating, maybe. Beautiful, no.



//P.










Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar