tisdag 27 september 2011

Christopher Kane 2011/2012

English designer, Christopher Kane's current collection is a delight. It is whimsical and eyecatching with references to handicraft, the 1920s and futurism. That seems to be the trend in a business where trends are made, that designers use a myriad of influences when creating clothes. The result can in some cases be quite muddled but I think that Christopher Kane has landed on the right side of the thin line between success and failure.



I got a feeling of sheer nostalgia when I saw the skirts above and below. My paternal grandmother used to make bedspreads in that technique. If she had been alive I wonder what she had said if she had seen women wearing that as clothes. I think she would have laughed long and hard.




//P.









Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar