onsdag 24 augusti 2011

The Scarlet Pimpernel

The books about The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy have been filmed on more than one occasion. My favourite has always been the one with Jane Seymour and Anthony Andrews. The scenery, the clothes and the music make an adventure that I have watched more times than I would care to admit.

I like the story of the man who plays the English fop in public and in secret saves French aristocrats from the guiliotine. There are disguises, danger, secret messages and mindblowing, complicated love. What's not to like?

I do really like the men's fashion of the late 18th century but I think I would turn a few heads if I came to work decked up like that. Not that I need any help in the attention grabbing department so why make matters worse? ;-)


They seek him here, they seek him there
Those Frenches seek him everywhere
Is he in heaven or is he in hell?
That damn elusive Pimpernel


//P.

3 kommentarer:

  1. LOL . Yes, perhaps showing up in that costume would be a bit much for work but it would be so much fun!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Have you seen the BBC 3 part mini-series with Richard E Grant. I recommend it as well. More lovely costumes and a very strong spy theme to it even in the music composition.

    SvaraRadera