torsdag 30 juni 2011

Macy's


New York has its fair share of department stores and Macy's promises to be the largest store in the world. I wonder what Selfridges says about that? Well, I liked Macy's. It doesn't have the luxurious feel of Saks and Barneys but it has a sense of tranquil comfort. It feels slightly rundown and some of the escalators have seen better days but I think that is part of the charm. I try to imagine how it was when everything was brand new and state of the art.


Macy's saw the light in 1929 and it has nine large floors of goods that ranges most of the things you can need. When I looked over the floors I was amazed at the amount of products there were and they have really cramped them which unfortunately makes it look a bit cheap. The thought of managing all this stuff just blew my mind. Can you imagine the logistical hell that can happen? I wouldn't like to be around if something went pear shaped.





On the ninth floor you can find among other things a post office, a jewelery and watch repair and jewelery brokerage. Macy's is definitely worth the visit.








//P.








Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar